Social Media & SEO Strategist
Graphic D-Signs is seeking an on-site, mid-level social media strategist to join our progressive team of design & marketing specialists.
Collaborating with fellow creatives, you will have the opportunity to hone your skills, pursue your marketing passions, and help clients voice their brand in an impactful way.
We are building a team of small business advertising experts who will help us seamlessly manage agency growth and strategize for the future. Our next team member will share our passion for helping small businesses build their brands and market their products and services. If you're tired of your agency sweatshop—and never seeing the results of your large, corporate client efforts—this is the place for you. If directly impacting your clients' lives with our work sounds compelling, read on.
Qualified candidates must:
- Have 3-5 years' experience in marketing, advertising and social media.
- Development of social media strategy—both B2C and B2B— content, editorial calendars, plans and implementation.
- Familiar with social monitoring tools and apps such as
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of social media evaluation methods and platforms: including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Blogger and Instagram.
- Ability to tie social media activity back to lead generation.
- Partner with Marketing Director to ensure social media strategy is aligned with brand marketing strategy, business objectives, deadlines and priorities.
- Possess strong research & writing skills, especially for blogging.
- Creative and strategic content creation.
- Demonstrate meticulous grammar & information accuracy.
- Strategic aptitude for solving marketing challenges with creative copywriting.
Additional Bonus Skills. We really like people with skills:
- Experience with WordPress (using the dashboard, editing site content).
- Ability to write press releases and research/build targeted media lists for blogging and traditional platforms.
- Aptitude to pitch events, stories and campaigns to media.
- Solid understanding of branding and its importance.
- Flawless, proactive project management. Ability to manage and juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of SEO, Google Analytics, Webmaster Tools.
- Ability to evaluate and track social media metrics; ability to optimize social media tools for a better return.
- Can quote Napoleon Dynamite, Seinfeld, Caddyshack and Mad Men at the drop of a hat. Fletch knowledge is a huge plus, but we realize that will make you as old as Dan—and that's not necessary.
- Extensive experience with a popcorn machine, including kernel loading and proper salting.
- Good sense of humor and ability to get along well with other team members. In case you hadn't noticed, we tend not to take ourselves quite so seriously.
What do we have to offer? GDS team members enjoy a competitive salary, a lovely array of holidays, 401k plan (with a company match), health and dental coverage, a couple of weeks vacation time, and summer Fridays. The usual stuff—or maybe not so usual, depending on the environment you're coming from. We even have direct deposit (sweet!).
What should you do next? If you really like what we do, our best advice would be to do something creative for us. It gets your resume noticed, which is sometimes tough to do amidst the competition. We're not looking for ordinary, because we're surely not an ordinary agency.
To apply, please submit resume, cover letter, several writing samples (various industries/media forms) and salary requirements to: [email protected]. We will try, at a minimum, to acknowledge receipt of your application. It can be overwhelming, and there's no HR department, so apologies in advance if you don't hear back for a bit.
Job Posted on 6/4/2013